Wednesday, November 9, 2011

11/13 - Sunday's lesson

Sunday's lesson is #41: "I Have Finished My Course"


1 and 2 Timothy; Titus



Our beloved Paul is nearing the end of his life when he writes these 3 epistles. What a great and effective teacher and stalwart missionary he was! I have a list of people I want to meet when I pass to the other side, and Paul is definitely on that list!



We've all heard his "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." (2 Timothy 4:7)

What does this REALLY mean to you and is there a difference between "finishing my course" and "winning the race"?



In this week's reading, look for:

1. What it means to learn and teach true doctrine (1 Tim 4; 2 Tim. 1-4, Titus 1). Look out for the signs of apostacy that Paul describes. Do you recognize any of these signs today?

2. What it means to be a "true example of the believers" (1 Tim 4:12).

3. How we can follow after righteousness (1 Timothy 6; Titus). In Titus alone, there are over 40 qualities that enable us to "lay hold on eternal life." If you can find and email me 20 of them by Saturday night, I will bring you a treat on Sunday!