Friday, September 28, 2012

Thought for the day

Brothers and Sisters,

Last Sunday all of the ward missionaries who were at our weekly meeting committed to invite at least one friend or neighbor to the primary program this Sunday. I know this is late notice, but we would like to invite the rest of the ward to do the same.

Yesterday my neighbor unexpectedly offered me a ride to BART in the morning. Being that he was the one I wanted to invite to the program, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to extend the invitation. Unfortunately, he already has plans for this Sunday, but he said, "I am going to take you up on that offer and come another Sunday."

We may not have control of how people respond to our invitation to attend the primary program, but we can still use our agency to invite them. Even if those we invite do not accept, we are still blessed with the spirit and joy that comes when doing the Lord's work. I know that as we prayerfully seek missionary opportunities and give heed to the Spirit throughout the day, that Heavenly Father will inspire us on how we can help him in this great work.

Again, I understand this is late notice, but we need your help. Between now and Sunday there is one very specific thing that your family can do to help the work and that is to invite at least one friend to the primary program. I promise that our families will be blessed as we engage ourselves in missionary work, regardless of whether or not our invitation is accepted.

Thanks,
Bryson Webster and your fellow WC 2nd Ward Missionaries