Sunday, January 24, 2010

Missionary Moment

2 weeks ago for family night John decided we needed to hand out Books of Mormon downtown. We had 2 books so 2 kids each wrote their testimony in them. We then drove downtown and split up into 2 groups of 3. I had Lucy and Stella with me and John had Elliot and Pearl. Five minutes after we split up John called to say what a great job Pearl did. She gave one to a couple, they even shacked her hand and said , "thank you." The girls and I had a harder time. I think we asked 5 different people. We did find a lady who took it and gave us a smile. As we crossed the street the girls turned around and saw her looking at it. We all had a great experience of being missionaries and hope to try and do this often. My other one happened last week when I was out of town back east. I had to catch a very early cab ride to the airport. The trip there was about 45 min, which we talked religion about 30 min. of that. I mentioned that I was a mormon, he knew the name and thought his mom maybe attended when he was younger but didn't know anything about the church. I told him about the Book Of Mormon and Joseph Smith. I told him he could get a free book by going to the website. I didn't have any money to tip him and joked that I would mail him a tip. This last Friday, I mailed him a tip along with a Book Of Mormon. I do have to say, I have never done this before, but it felt right.


-Angela Beeson




Send us more to add to the blog at Relief.society.wc@gmail.com
Thank you